QLD Car Towed - Paid to Get It Back

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by Gemmarama, 22 June 2015.

Tags:
  1. Clancy

Clancy Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention security guards! But if you're not actually employed as a security guard, then you probably should not be grabbing any crazies.

2. Plaz

Plaz Member

An update on the Pandanus Ave, have changed the street completely and official signage removed, large yellow writing painted across street entry noting “Private Property”.

Also got all of our money back later that week from the tow company, given the heat on dodgy tow truck operators, and they insisted they didn’t want to be roped in with that lot. Good outcome.

muz28 and Clancy like this.
  3. Douglas Christie

I was given a fine by the Brisbane city council and my car was towed by Ready Towing: 32 Turbo Drive, Coorparoo Ph: 3265 0000 Mon-Fri: 7am-7pm Sat: 8am-12pm Sun/POols: closed. Call Brisbane City Council on 07 34038888.

Fine $195
    Tow company $246
    Total $441

My Facebook page showing parking signs area parked in and other relevant information I will be presenting to the Magistrate in court.

Margaret st brisbane bus tow away not clearly marked

My issue is I paid to park for maximum term until 3pm and everything read as if it was free after that time not the whole side of that road now becomes a tow away bus and taxi area.

Any assistance welcome.

4. Rob Legat - SBPL

LawTap Verified

You mean the sign just down a bit on the southern side of the road from the picture you linked? The one that shows:

Top part: No standing 7am - 9am
    Second part: 3 hour parking 9am - 3pm, then 7pm to whenever depending on the day.
    Third part: Bus zone 3pm - 7pm
    Fourth part: No standing all other times

That’s the sign on Google street view. I’m admittedly a little far away to check it out and don’t go up to Brisbane too often. However, if that is the sign or similar, it clearly shows it is a bus zone and in any case it says no standing all other times than the three hour parking period.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Douglas Christie

Fourth part states.
    All other times taxi (arrow pointing right of sign) This is in opposite direction to parking areas that change to tow away areas and no standing should read also from 3pm to 7pm Monday to Friday.

It doesn't say tow away area left all the way down to Albert st from George st and nowhere ever mentions tow away area anywhere on Margaret st. It is a money grab operation. If there was better signage maybe even a warning at the paystation I would just pay and move on but this seems deliberately vague. Why not just clearly state the place is a tow away area for that section of road?

Are you offering your legal services?

#356 Douglas Christie, 2 March 2019
    Last edited: 2 March 2019
  6. Rob Legat - SBPL

LawTap Verified

Clearly a different sign by the sounds of it then. I do know from memory that Brisbane City Council are quite stringent about making sure roads in that area are clear for particular times of the day... And I know the chaos it causes when they're not.

And not my area of practice nor my locality. I would say that the host of fighting it will far outstrip the fine itself. If you want to do it on principle that's fine, but you'll likely find that you're paying for that privilege...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...