Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Car Accident and Debt Collectors for Car Insurance Claim

Discussion in 'Debt and Bankruptcy Law Forum' started by Debbie Retzack, 6 May 2015.

  1. Debbie Retzack

    6 May 2015
    Likes Received:
    My daughter had a car accident in a car registered to me. It was uninsured and she was at fault. The other driver chose not to take details and my daughter was honest enough to forward them to her via text. The other driver had her vehicle fixed immediately through her car insurance over claiming items to fix.

    One year has passed and debt collectors are chasing my daughter for the costs, but he has her name wrong on all the legal paperwork. Where does she stand legally? No paperwork has been handed directly to her, either via flatmates or left on her doorstep. Is this allowed?
  2. Paul Cott

    Paul Cott Well-Known Member
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

    26 May 2014
    Likes Received:

    The short answer is it depends on what exactly the legal paperwork is that you mention, as to whether it matters that her name is wrong and or it hasn't been given directly to her.

    John R likes this.

Share This Page