- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

Can I get Police to Drop Criminal Charges?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by gracie, 23 June 2014.

  1. gracie

    gracie Member

    23 June 2014
    Likes Received:
    When I was seventeen I was assaulted with the occasion of grevious bodily harm I wouldn't charge the defendant so the police did and put a dvo in place as I was a child and they had a responsibility now that I am 18 even though the police are charging him can I get it dropped ??
  2. Owens Lawyers

    Owens Lawyers Well-Known Member

    13 June 2014
    Likes Received:
    You would need to talk to the police and let them know you don't want to proceed, however it is ultimately a decision for them. If they have evidence independent of any statement you gave, then they may proceed regardless.
    Tim W likes this.

Share This Page