NSW Bullying by authorities

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

igor77

3 July 2023
Hi,
I would like to get some advice.
I am being investigated since 2020 by AFP for something I haven't done.
AFP conducted a home search in February 2022. They seize some equipment and some other minor items. They haven't pressed any charges against me and I have doubts that they will.
I still haven't received my things from home search back (after almost year and half).
I am buying a lot of things online, mostly books, and these are being held by ABF for months before delivered. I assume this is part of the investigation which is fine and I understand it. I would not mind a month or two, but holding 2 books for 5 months is not normal. I understand they continue their investigation but this is becoming very annoying. Especially when I know it is a waste of money because I did not commit any offence.
I feel like I am being bullied by the authorities and I do not know when it is going to end. For how long they can keep going and how far they can go? Is there any legal way how to defend against it?