QLD Blue card Negative notice

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ODM

12 March 2022
My question is regarding a negative notice removal on my blue card.

Some background- When I was 20, I was working as a disability support worker and already had my Blue card. I was charged by the police for supply of a dangerous drug (Steroids). I had not actually supplied anything to anyone as I had only met the guy a few times. But they had a text message between us where he said “can you get steroids?” And I said “No, but **** can”. Apparently the reference to another individual who can supply still constitutes supply. The police were investigating him for something different and told me they’d drop my charges if I gave them information, but unfortunately I just didn’t have any information as I hardly knew the guy. Which is why I’m so stupid for ending up in the situation.

Result in court was supply with no conviction recorded.
However my blue card was issued with a negative notice and I lost my job.

It’s been 8 years and I’m now 28, I’d love to get back into support work but wonder what the likelihood of having my negative notice removed, also what is the likelihood of the charge showing up on a background check with future employers.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.