Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD How Long will Offence Stay on Police Check?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by racieta, 4 August 2016.

1. racieta

racieta Member

Hi,

8 yrs ago, I had an over PMT from Centrelink. I did go to court but there was no conviction and the debit has been paid in full.

I was working in a role in 2013 and had to obtain a blue card do a check was done and there were no problems. I have recently started looking for work and I had to have a police check done and it came back with the offence:

Obtain Financial Advantage

Court Result: proved without conviction

This is now affecting my ability to gain employment. My question is, how long will this continue to come up on a police check and is there anything I can do to clear it?

2. Victoria S

Victoria S Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. racieta

racieta Member

Hi Victoria,

It is a role working with children but I had a role with this company in 2013 when they also completed a police check and it didn't come out. As I said, I was only aware that it showed on my police check last year, but that was while I was working as a finance and insurance officer.

My employer was ok after I explained what it was. As it was in NSW, I was also wondering how long this will haunt me for and if there is any way to have it removed.