Banned from my grandchild

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

BLR

1 September 2017
I became a new grandparent nearly 2 months ago. My son and mother of the baby have parted ways. Not only is her family trying to remove my son from having anything to do with his baby, her and her family have banned me from being able to see him. I am devastated.

sammy01

27 September 2015
get your son to court.... He has the best chance of getting time with the child and for you to spend some of that time with child and your son

Reactions: BLR

BLR

1 September 2017
Thankyou Sammy. My son asked if he could spend some time with his baby on Fathers Day....today and he was allowed 1 hour but her whole family were there watching him. It makes him extremely anxious and uncomfortable. He is heart broken especially when he found out that one of her sisters has been having the baby overnight and my son has not even been allowed to as much as change a nappy.

sammy01

27 September 2015
call relationships australia to organise mediation. It wont be successful but it is a start... Look he is gonna have real problems given the age of the child

Reactions: BLR

BLR

1 September 2017
I know. He works until 5 each day and she won't budge on allowing him to see the bub after work. Its 3.30 or not at all. Thanks for advice.