Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Assaulted by Kids of Queensland Police - Any Recourse?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by PTSD4life, 7 August 2015.

  1. PTSD4life

    PTSD4life Member

    7 August 2015
    Likes Received:
    When I was a 17 year old uni student I went to a b'day party I was invited to in Zillmere. Soon after arriving I was attacked by 5 drunken louts who bashed me severely I had broken ribs, nose and jaw and had severe lacerations and was bleeding profusely. My friend I brought to the party managed to drag me into my car and drive me to the local residential police station. It was about 9.30pm on a Friday night. The cop came to the door and said " f**k off..I'm watching TV" My friend drove me home where my parents were and they called our family doctor.

    In the following days we found out who they were and that they were cops kids ( 18 year old drunk footballers). My father went to the police station to prefer charges as I was only 17 and the adulthood age was 21 at the time.

    He came home and said we wouldn't be proceeding with charges. I felt abandoned . He wouldn't say why. I failed that year at uni and was put on anti depressants. I left home.

    A few years later when I felt strong enough, I tried to restart the charges but was verbally intimidated into silence. This happened a number of times through my life and I suffered severe depression. When my father was dying I asked why he failed to act in my support. He said that the cops told him that their sons were going to be cops just like them and that if he preferred charges, his family would suffer "a lifetime of repercussions" .

    Through my life police have (deliberately?) failed to act when I needed assistance. I went to the feds, the CJC, the local politician ..all deflected me.. back to the Queensland police who said I had no case. Time has passed.

    So I have no justice, no closure..just PTSD and psychological distress for life! The culprits had careers as cops and Qld public servants. Sickening that my taxes pay their wages, but I have no justice. Is there anything I can do under criminal law?
  2. Sarah J

    Sarah J Well-Known Member

    16 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    Hi PTSD4life,

    How long has it been since you turned 21? You may be able to press charges now (in your own name), preferably to a different police station, or you can initiate civil action against the offenders and lodge a complaint against the police officers who took no action.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page