NSW Another ADVO and Assult

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Elvis

4 May 2016
Hi all, im looking for some help, I was arrested for Common Assault and Stalk/Intimidation, I also had an ADVO put on me back in 2015 with no evidence to support anything, after almost 2 years and a heap of money I won my case in the District court and had all charges Quashed in including the ADVO.

its been over 12 months and I have just been arrested again and charged with Common Assault again and an ADVO placed on me again.... with out going into details I did not touch my ex wife and this is now the 6th time i have had police called to arrest me... most times it been outright lies or its my ex wife thats done thewrong thing....

Again like the first case, there is no evidence of any sort apart from her and her new boyfriend who is saying he seen me grab my ex wife but that can and will be discredited,

I'm sure i will win this case again but I don't know what to do to stop this...... ive tried to get police to listen to me, but it always seems to fall on deaf ears, we have a daughter that is almost 4 years old now and I at a loss to keep fighting to see her....

My ex wife works for Docs or Fax or whatever they are now called and has been there for 15+ years, she has been trying to stop me seeing my daughter..
I have so much evidence against her but still don't know what to do......

Any advice out there.....

Imamess

11 April 2018
Hey you may be able to sue through defamation. You will need possibly a no win no pay lawyer that will ask her to pay your court costs. Let me know what you find

DMLegal

28 May 2018
Unfortunately there is not much you can do. Unless you can prove the Police acted outside their powers of arrest or there was a malicious prosecution, which is virtually impossible, there is no real action you can take against the Police. In my view your best bet is to see a family law lawyer, get a Court order entitling you to access to your daughter etc, unless you have tried that already.