VIC Accused of Document Tampering

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

KC1966

20 November 2019
I am involved in a Financial Settlement and, following a Conciliation Conference, an offer was made by my ex husband. I made a counter offer which was not acknowledged. After much soul searching and a desire to have this matter sorted, I decided and advised that I would accept his offer (heavily weighted in his favour).
His legal representation countered that my counter offer had null and voided his original offer to which we countered that under Family Law that is not case. They countered that the matter had been transferred to the Federal Circuit Court and Family Law did not apply. So now I'm thinking this is some type of circus.
Two weeks later they advised they would honour their offer and have minutes drawn up to this effect. They forwarded two formats - one PDF which my ex husband had signed and a word document. They both contained different versions of the settlement offer. On the PDF version they had added several items of furniture. The word document contained his original offer.
As they had spelt my name incorrectly, I amended the word document (name only), printed and signed it.
They are now accusing me of document tampering, accusing me of altering his offer. The matter is set for court in September 2021 and I have been advised that if I don't accept this revised version now, I will be issued with a full costs order.
HELP please! Tell me our legal system does not support this type of bullying behaviour.

KC1966

20 November 2019
KC, are you represented by lawyers?
Yes I am - he has advised just give them what they want as it's not worth fighting. It's one thing to take my material things (settlement is weighted in his favour), but the attack on my integrity is abominable.