NSW Absent Parent Wanting Custody of Children - Help?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

nat 2015

8 February 2017
she is only 16mo,, his solicitor sent me a letter stating that "his visiting depends on his mood and that he has been trying to see her ever siinse the day she was born"
im like thats funny, because i have multiple ways to prove that i tried EVERYTHING to contact him for the birth and was told by his mates that he said she isnt his child, not to mention i inivited him and his family to her first birthday whom didnt bother to respond or show up. pretty sure him playing the father role depends on HIS mood, im not worried about anything as i know i have done everything right and tried to involve him everywhere, just trying to find the correct ways to prove so without looking like im over doing it.
Gosh it doesn't really make sense, sounds like he has some mental health issues, I think if you have proof then there is nothing to worry about really, I will be honest here and say I did at times stop my ex from seeing our daughter as he would make times and not attend, I would be waiting for hours, and arrange the day to suit him, she was a quite young then, and I felt like he needed to stick to a routine to suit her needs not his own, he still arrives late etc, I am slowly learning to let some of that go, my daughter is 2.5 now, we have no parenting order in place as of yet.
You will get some good advice on here.

sammy01

27 September 2015
YUP it doesn't make sense... AGAIN I'm confused....
So is this guy seeking full custody??? because that is what you said at the start? OR does he want access to the child, when it suits his mood?
So custody - is the kid lives with him and sees you sometimes and that is what you have said he wants... NOW you're saying he doesn't want that at all, he just wants to see the kid sometimes when he feels like it.... So I'm gonna go with the latest version... Sounds awesome... AGREE. He can see the kid when it suits him, that is ok. However, you should not have to wait around for him to decide.... So he can see the kid when ever he wants provided he gives you 7 days notice..
That seems reasonable??? NO?

Reactions: nat 2015