QLD How Do I Get Full Custody of Children?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

liezl

9 November 2015
Hi there,
I have a son, and the last time my ex saw the child was last year Feb 2014. Before that, he hadn't seen the child since 2011 (briefly), and before that he hadn't seen him since I walked out and left our Melbourne home in 2008.

I'm now married and my family and I are going on holiday to South Africa in January 2016. Due to child trafficking, the South African immigration/border protection needs all children who are not travelling with both birth parents (who are listed on the birth certificate) to give an affidavit giving the other parent the right to travel with the child.

I've been trying to get my ex to sign the paperwork, even drove to his place and giving it to him. I still haven't heard from him or received the paperwork back. I need to complete our travel arrangements and need the paperwork back.

My question is, if he doesn't sign the paperwork, how do I go about getting custody of children?

sammy01

27 September 2015
If the dad won't sign the paperwork, you will need to apply to court. Before you do that you are going to need to try mediation. Call relationships Australia.

I doubt you'll get all this done by Jan 2016. So you're probably better off calling the father. Just out of interest, why has he not been seeing his son?

liezl

9 November 2015
If the dad won't sign the paperwork, you will need to apply to court. Before you do that you are going to need to try mediation. CAll relationships australia.

I doubt you'll get all this done by Jan 2016. So you're probably better off calling the father.
Just outa interest why has he not been seeing his son>
Hi Sam
Purely his choice! I've never stopped him from coming to see his child or spending any time with him! But he just couldn't be bothered I guess, but wants to control the situation when it suits him.. We went to mediation before, which was a stunt from him to stop me from going to get married overseas.