NSW WWCC Section 2 Offence

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Era0407

26 May 2021
Hello,
My husband is going through the ultimate nightmare where there was an allegation made against him (not sexual but a domestic violence charge) and he was initially charged with a Section 2 offence which has cause a Bar on his WWCC.
This offence is going to be downgraded and he is now most likely going to have to accept a lesser charge. Maybe common assault or intimidation. We would like to fight and totally clear his name but unfortunately we cannot afford the $100000+ it will cost to take it to trial.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with regaining a WWCC after going through something like this? And will he need an employment solicitor to help him work through the process.
Thanks.

Paul Cott

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
26 May 2014
Ballarat, Victoria
Hi Era, I may be able to help with that. I am an employment lawyer too. I am in Victoria. I run my own sole practice, www.lawonlydiard.com.au
I have appeared in a few VCAT matters just like this, even one was published online as a reported judgment. I can be contacted on 0412 483 758.

Paul Cott

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
26 May 2014
Ballarat, Victoria
Actually Era it looks like if he is charged with a category A (schedule 2) offence VCAT review is not possible.

Era0407

26 May 2021
We are in NSW and the Category 2 offence is likely to be dropped and he might have to accept a lesser charge instead.