VIC Working With Children Check but Charged with Assault - Reopen Case?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Pk 101

New Member
6 September 2015
I lost my job as a youth worker because I was charged with assault of a minor in custody.This was false however my lawyer advised me to plead guilty even thou the allegations were false.I got my Working With Children Check 3 years ago as a volunteer footy coach but can't get paid youth work because of the charge. I wasn't told by my lawyer of a diversion I wish I had.

I just want to know if I could get this case reopened.

Michael T

Well-Known Member
9 April 2014