Will Registered with SA Public Trustee's Office

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lew and susan

23 May 2014
Is it possible to remove a will held by the South Australian Public Trustee office and set up one elsewhere? We feel that a large percentage is taken on executing the will by the public trustee's office. Can a will be made that takes no fees on death?

winston wolf

Well-Known Member
21 April 2014
Once you make a new valid will the old will becomes invalid. Normally I would say that all you need to do is get a new will then advise the Public Trustee that a new will has been written and your association with them is done.
I checked there web site and they don't mention this scenario?
I would give them a call (08) 8226 9200 just encase they have some charge for making the original will when you break the contract.

Let us know what you find.