NSW Will I Lose My Workers Compensation Claim?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Aaa123

18 March 2016
Hi

I have been just accepted for workers compensation.

Allianz have stated that I cannot return to my employer and my employment has now ceased with my employer. instead of returning to work, my new goals are to find new employment.

To date I have not been paid out my entitlements from my employer - nor have I been requested to return any of there items such as mobile/laptop etc.

Allianz has stated I must look for 4 jobs per week or I lose my entitlements.

if I'm forced to find another job without being terminated by my employer I lose my ability to lodge a claim against them. Can they do this under Employment Law?

Serge Gorval

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
2 November 2015
Sydney
lawtap.com
if you got terminated whilst on workcover, you have a very good claim for unfair dismissal or adverse action.

How long have you been on workcover for, why were you terminated?

Aaa123

18 March 2016
My employer has not terminated my employment although the insurer and return to work injury management provider had said I cannot return to my employer. And must find another job or lose my entitlement to regular payments.

On Workers Comp since January although initially they wouldn't accept my claim and I waited 9 weeks to be accepted.

Now they have admitted full liability and the date of injury has been accepted by the insurer.

Jenny453

8 December 2020
Human rights claim, if you are signed of to return to work you should be able to return to the job you were in.