LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Will I Lose My Workers Compensation Claim?

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by Aaa123, 18 March 2016.

1. Aaa123

Aaa123 Member

Hi

I have been just accepted for workers compensation.

Allianz have stated that I cannot return to my employer and my employment has now ceased with my employer. instead of returning to work, my new goals are to find new employment.

To date I have not been paid out my entitlements from my employer - nor have I been requested to return any of there items such as mobile/laptop etc.

Allianz has stated I must look for 4 jobs per week or I lose my entitlements.

if I'm forced to find another job without being terminated by my employer I lose my ability to lodge a claim against them. Can they do this under Employment Law?

2. Serge Gorval

Serge Gorval Well-Known Member

if you got terminated whilst on workcover, you have a very good claim for unfair dismissal or adverse action.

How long have you been on workcover for, why were you terminated?

3. Aaa123

Aaa123 Member

My employer has not terminated my employment although the insurer and return to work injury management provider had said I cannot return to my employer. And must find another job or lose my entitlement to regular payments.

On Workers Comp since January although initially they wouldn't accept my claim and I waited 9 weeks to be accepted.

Now they have admitted full liability and the date of injury has been accepted by the insurer as of August 15.