QLD When Will Conviction Not Show Up on National Police Check?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mrex

15 April 2016
Just a quick question.

I was reading about national police checks and the website said conviction will show up 10 years from the date of the conviction but for Queensland offences ten years if you were convicted in the Supreme or district court, and in any other case, only five years unless restitution was ordered to be paid.

So my question is if you were convicted in a magistrates court in QLD, when would conviction not show up national police check after 5 or 10 years?

S

Sophea

I have read this on the QLD gov website too and wasn't sure if it meant that it was spent for the purposes of any QLd Police checks : Criminal records | Your rights, crime and the law | Queensland Government

But since they also state it on the National Police Checks website, I would assume that a Mag's court conviction would be spent after 5 years, based on what it says (subject of course to the other requirements such as that it cannot be a conviction for which you were sentenced more than 30 months jail time.)