QLD What is the Normal Timeframe of Family Dispute Resolution?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nonfiction

17 May 2018
Victoria
Abstract: Two central issues in this article are the extent to which young children’s time should be spent predominantly in the care of the same parent or be divided more evenly between both parents, and whether children under the age of 4 should sleep in the same home every night or spend overnights in both parents’ homes.

Full Report
* Social Science and Parenting Plans for Young Children - A Consensus Report - Richard A. Warshak

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
I consider the most important part of my role is to promote best interests of children. I can hear you feel jaded by the system.

With the greatest respect to you if you even once ever quote any report that includes the name of McIntosh you are not promoting the best interest of the children at all but are pushing a well trodden discredited agenda on no live with parents to spend limited time with their children ( Often mediators have failed to do the same thing)

As for me being jaded with the system nothing could be further from the truth I had primary care of my daughter for years I have primary care of my 7 year old son I have always self represented and I help others be reunited with their children

I am not jaded at all in fact I relish the challenge of the system as I enjoy the buzz of breaking down other people's arguments and reuniting people with their children. Does it need to be changed ? Yes do I Advocate change ? Yes ..but I also accept the system and work within it the best I can to help others the best I can

I suggest you spend some free time researching McIntosh reports flawed data and how it has been discredited so many times and then come back to me with what you have learnt

We all make mistakes and I hope the research I have pointed you towards leads you to change your approach once you learn the truth

And it's saying all this of course I accept that I sometimes when it is better for the children because of conflict between the parents not to be placed in the middle of that conflict by spending time with one parent or another and I also spent a lot of my time trying to change the mindset of parents who engage in this conflict so that the children can spend time with both parents

Thank you

Last edited:

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
And obviously I placed my in brackets comment in the wrong place in my message sorry

Alina Kleiman

4 July 2018
I relish the challenge of the system as I enjoy the buzz of breaking down other people's arguments and reuniting people with their children. Does it need to be changed ? Yes do I Advocate change ? Yes .. And it's saying all this of course I accept that I sometimes when it is better for the children because of conflict between the parents not to be placed in the middle of that conflict by spending time with one parent or another and I also spent a lot of my time trying to change the mindset of parents who engage in this conflict so that the children can spend time with both parents [/QUOTE said:
Thanks - weekend reading sorted! I became a mediator precisely for the reasons you have stated. We need to get better at this whole separating thing as a society. Children need to be bonded to both parents, they also have a need for healthy attachments to both parents. Since you were the primary carer I would be curious to hear your thoughts about attachment theory?

Reactions: miguel

MartyK

4 June 2016
My youngest a well adjusted young adult, spent overnights with me from before age 1 - it can work - not suitable for all children

Style of argument can be misinterpreted as jaded to a reader - interested in reading discrediting research, thatbloke - please post - cited are opinion pieces only

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
My youngest a well adjusted young adult, spent overnights with me from before age 1 - it can work - not suitable for all children

Style of argument can be misinterpreted as jaded to a reader - interested in reading discrediting research, thatbloke - please post - cited are opinion pieces only
Who are you the editor? Some kind of censor? The Queen?? Ill post what i like and if you do not like it dont read it chum

sammy01

27 September 2015
I kinda like McIntosh....
so that article "Empty Days Lonely Nights" states. "Her study suggests even one night a week of overnight care undertaken by the non-primary parent may increase the stress levels of children aged zero to two in certain circumstances."
I like the words "SUGGESTS" and "MAY" and 'in certain circumstances"
Lets re word this, there might be instances where overnight care is a bad idea for little ones... No genius in that.. It is when her words are twisted. She does not recommend shared care - more than 5 a fortnight for little ones... SWEET I'm good with that... BUT idiots tweak that into NOT recommending shared care EVER...

But this post was about the normal time frame for family dispute resolution... EASY take the number 18 then minus the age of the youngest child. That is your answer in years.... OH I am funny.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
EASY take the number 18 then minus the age of the youngest child. That is your answer in years.... OH I am funny.
Please do not post mathematical equations unless you have a peer reviewed cited document to show everyone.. it makes baby Jesus sad :-D