What is the legal status of malfeasance?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

arthur brogard

13 August 2019
When public officials, Dept Heads and such, particularly in Health, are charged with acting in the interests of their clients and it can be shown the measures they have taken are NOT in the best interests - such as useless masking, denying access to proven medications, mandating medications shown to be damaging, failing to provide information on easy home prophylactic or mitigating measures then this is plainly malfeasance it would seem.
Does this malfeasance translate into a legal actionable breach anywhere, any how?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
No.

arthur brogard

13 August 2019
That's interesting. So the tort of negligence applies all over the place but not to public officials, for instance.. might explain a lot...

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
When public officials, Dept Heads and such, particularly in Health, are charged with acting in the interests of their clients and it can be shown the measures they have taken are NOT in the best interests ....
Possibly

.... such as useless masking, denying access to proven medications, mandating medications shown to be damaging
No. You can try like others have - and likely fail, like the others have. If there was a market for taking bets on who would win the case, and my ethics allowed me, I'd seriously consider betting significant savings against you winning.