ACT What is the Difference Between Legal Aid and Funded Lawyer?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
Mate, what you're dealing with is idiot logic. You have breached the orders (even though you have not) hence, she is now allowed to breach the orders. But in reality - it is all about her just getting things her way. She wanted to move, so she told you that you could have every holiday, etc, etc...but now Christmas is coming, she doesn't want to be all alone at Christmas, so she has to find a new way to manipulate the (truth). Now I'm thinking you know all this...

Mate I hate to say it, but if she chooses to breach the orders about the holidays, then you're screwed as far as flights go. Just not worth the struggle in court over that one, but if it happens, get back to us and we can discuss avenues to try to bluff her into playing nice, but really, you're better off not booking tickets until you have something confirming travel dates with her. Even then she can change her mind (grrr) and pay for insurance for re-booking.

Mate, it could be worse. Mine agreed for me to take them to Fiji, but even with that, she haggled around signing passport forms and tried to use them as a blackmail tool. Anyways, got the flights / passports, etc, etc, got an agreement over the travel dates, so it's all good. Two weeks out, she informs me that one of the kids has been invited to a party the day after we leave and as such, I will have to re-schedule the flights.

Fortunately, the flights were Friday and it was a Friday when the kids were already with me. I told the parent that the kid won't be at the party and surprise, surprise she said "no worries". After all, she lives in the real world and we got the flights. But I'm sure if the kids were with her that Friday, she would have reneged on her agreement to hand them over and we would have missed the event in Fiji because a kiddie's 4th birthday party is more important than my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. Oops, sorry for the rant.

Mate, if your kids ever express a desire to live with you, get straight back on this site.

Oh, one more thing - have you actually moved yet?

goodgravy

9 May 2016
Thank you Sammy. As always you have been a great sounding board and your irreverence is always appreciated (plus you've always got a worse story than mine!). We moved two weeks after she left with the kids. I was devastated and I'd had enough of all the sh*t over the last 10 years and I just wanted to get out. So we packed up and got out.