VIC Wife is Pregnant While I am on Student Visa - Help?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Chhunly Taing

12 September 2019
I have applied to study in Australia for 3 years but due to some of the subjects that I have studied so I apply for credits transfer then I finished my Bachelor course earlier. During my study, I met my wife who is a new Australian citizen and we just got married 31 of August 2019 and now my wife is pregnant while I am on my student visa.

My student visa in expires 30 July 2020. My wife is a new Australian citizen. I need more income to support my family as I am a man. We are legally married.

The question is:

1. What should I do to support my new family while I am on my student visa?

2. Is there anything that immigration would override my student visa so I can find a better job?

3. Will the immigration cancel my visa while I am seeking a new visa?

All of the answers I am appreciate.

Thank you,

457Visafraud

16 April 2017
1. What should I do to support my new family while I am on my student visa?
2. Is there anything that immigration would override my student visa so I can find a better job?
3. Will the immigration cancell my visa while I am seeking a new visa?
1) This is not Immigration office's matter.
2) It doesn't work that way because you are in Australia on a certain Visa and you have to abide by its rules as you agreed to.
3) Once you apply for a new Visa (if you're eligible) then of course once it is granted the previous visa will be cancelled.