VIC Urine Test for Drugs

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sakura

2 April 2015
I had an appointment yesterday with my corrections officer and as we were making the next appointment she said to me that we can move my appointments to monthly if I go for a urine test today and its all good. For the last couple of appointments I have been really careful and stayed away from smoking ice in the 2-3 days before my appointment, and got too confident this week and was smoking almost immediately before seeing her.

She said to me that we will have to make my appointment earlier than a month if there are any issues (like drugs).

Should I go and do the urine test today? Or should I call her and tell her I am busy? Or just not call at all?

If it is of any help I am in VIC and have been on the order for around 4-5 months, completing all the things that I need to do and generally being compliant.

Appreciate any advice that can be given!

Amanda E

9 April 2014
So you're in breach of your order because you've taken drugs?
If you're asking whether you should try to get away with it, that's on you. You'll have to deal with the consequences of breaching the order. Its up to you to take responsibility. Don't do drugs = you'll be fine, do drugs = face the penalty of not complying if there are still traces in your urine. I don't encourage you to break the law. Ice is illegal.