VIC Tow car stopped while towing. Am I still liable?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Leviathan926

9 November 2020
Hi there
This question is a bit of a grey area. I was dining at South Yarra and parked on a street which had the green letters permitting parking during the stated time. I unintentionally missed the red letters right above it saying toll zone and I was about to get my car towed when I jumped out from the restaurant to stop the tow driver. I apologized and begged for my car to not be towed. The driver have taken several pictures of my car and parking area and has all the evidence to prove I was in the wrong. And the driver just said fine move it now so I jumped in and moved my car. So my question is, am I in the clear or will the toll driver mail an infringement to my mailing address since he has my license plate/rego?
There is no letter , verbal confirmation or indication that I'll be fined but I am unsure if the driver will just delete the photos he took prior to my interception of the towing incident. Please advise. Thanks