Spent Conviction

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now


14 November 2023
Hi All

I have criminal record In Western Australia for minor offences (driving and disorderly conduct) that are now over 10 years old. However, I also committed a minor offence in 2016 in Victoria with an outcome of 'conviction not recorded'. The Victorian offence has been spent automatically under their legislation and no longer appears on my national police check.

My question is: can i now apply for the WA offences to be spent or is the Vic offence counted as re-offending and does the 10 year period restart so i wont be eligible to have them spent until 2026?