Singaporean getting a job in Australia (Please Help)

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bling

13 March 2022
Hi Guys,

Need some advise..

I'm a Singaporean looking to start out a career in Australia however i have no idea where should i start from.. I've done a bit of research and found that i was suppose to obtain a work visa first? Is that so?

As i hasn't gotten any job in Australia yet (Base in Singapore), by any chance can i actually applied the job online with companies before i get the visa?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Hi Guys,

Need some advise..

I'm a Singaporean looking to start out a career in Australia however i have no idea where should i start from..
Well, you could start by telling us what sort of work you do?
I've done a bit of research and found that i was suppose to obtain a work visa first? Is that so?
Almost always, yes.

As i hasn't gotten any job in Australia yet (Base in Singapore), by any chance can i actually applied the job online with companies before i get the visa?
Depends what job, what class of visa, and on the details and history of you personally
(such as qualifications, health checks and criminal record checks, English language skills, etc).

Know this - Australia doesn't let you just land at the airport, walk in, and go looking for a job.
If you try that, then you'll either be put on the first plane back, or,
you might get to spend a year or so in prison Immigration Detention first.

I suggest that you Google for Australian Migration Agents in Singapore.

Bling

13 March 2022
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply😊,
Well, you could start by telling us what sort of work you do?
My last job scope ends in Dec'19 (2yrs) @ BMW working as Customer service officer and currently building my own web base business.
Depends what job, what class of visa, and on the details and history of you personally
(such as qualifications, health checks and criminal record checks, English language skills, etc).

Know this - Australia doesn't let you just land at the airport, walk in, and go looking for a job.
If you try that, then you'll either be put on the first plane back, or,
you might get to spend a year or so in prison Immigration Detention first.

I suggest that you Google for Australian Migration Agents in Singapore.
That's great to hear about it😊.. I was hoping to applied a job online without any entry to Australia first..

GretchenMcgee

21 November 2023
So, yes, you'll need to obtain a work visa before you can work there. It's an important step, but don't worry, there are different visa options available depending on your qualifications and circumstances. I recommend checking the Australian government's official website for detailed information on work visas. Additionally, you can explore job portals and websites that specifically cater to Singaporeans seeking jobs in Australia. These platforms might have resources and connections that can help you in your job search. Remember to polish your resume, tailor it to suit the Australian job market, and highlight any relevant skills and experience. Oh, and by the way, if you're looking for information about applying to the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), you can try searching for crpf apply online. It might give you the official website or relevant resources.