NSW Shared costs - parenting or property order?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
oops one more thing.... The individual you cop when you call CSA knows a little bit more than me about CSA - not much.... But why not give them a call and ask about the hypotheticals. Don't necessarily trust their answers but generally their info is accurate... Have you had a look at their online calcultator? I reckon you want to know how much they think you should have to pay based on incomes and 38% care, which is what I reckon you'll have if you had 5 a fortnight and half school holidays.

So how much more does the ex earn than you?

Flickery

25 February 2018
Yes, but remember the online calculator only tells you the *base rate*. It doesn’t take into account daycare fees. You need a Change of Assessment for that - see Reason 6 Changing your child support assessment in special circumstances - Australian Government Department of Human Services

It amazes me how few receiving parents even know about this process given it can have a huge impact on $ - the amount of child support I was entitled to doubled (from 7K to 14K p.a.) after completing a change of assessment form.