Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Separation - How To Document House Occupation?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Bobbie, 26 March 2015.

  1. Bobbie

    Bobbie Member

    26 March 2015
    Likes Received:
    We are separated and I remain living in the house. Do we need to get a solicitor to draw up the paper work to say that if anything happens to me since our separation, my husband has the right to live there, and if anything happens to him, I have the right to live there until I die? We have agreed that this solution is best for both of us. We live in a retirement village and his name would remain on the lease.
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    If it's leased and his name is on it, the owners are bound by the lease agreement. This means that if you pass away, he remains on the lease and is therefore within his right to reside at the property.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sophea likes this.

Share This Page