QLD Self care strategies

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

TeeTee

19 November 2019
It’s been acknowledged that going through challenging custody battles are emotionally and mentally taxing.

What do people do to help them through this process?

How do you separate yourself from the draining process?

Jake Matherson

15 June 2018
My stuff is still ongoing.

But I spent a long time keeping everything inside, not asking for help and doing everything myself.

When you finally speak to people, family and friends. Let them all know what's going on. Tell them "my story" it was a huge weight off my shoulders as I was able to speak freely amongst all of the people around me.

I'm never sitting at work cranky because I just got a shitty email from a lawyer or something.
I just like "hey guy's today's been an expensive day for me I just got a massive bill"
I don't want them to do anything but it just helped my spread some of the mental load.

Also finding this forum and chucking in my 2 cents here and there maybe help someone else that's going through something similar has been good. Plus you learn a few things along the way that will help with your own matter.

Reactions: KC1966

TeeTee

19 November 2019
I just found this forum; wished I had known about it 12 months ago.

Sharing the load with friends is one area I can become better at.