NSW Run away 16 yr old - Any advice

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Bellissimo, 11 October 2018.

  1. Bellissimo

    Bellissimo Active Member

    12 April 2015
    Likes Received:
    My son has run away from home. No orders, no court intervention. His father left and moved abroad some years ago.
    He has gender dysphoria and didn't turn up to a psych assessment this week so he can get treatment.
    He claims he has self harmed before so he's a vulnerable teen. I believe he's staying with a girlfriend of his who calls him by a female name and he's telling them BS in order to get what he wants from them, of course.

    Bar go to the police, is there anything else I can do?
    Are there legal steps I can take to protect him whilst we get him good psychological help?

    As far as I can tell from the web, there's nothing I can do.
    School starts on Monday and if he doesn't attend, who do I talk to about this?
    I'm totally lost.

    If anyone has any advice, I would be so grateful.

Share This Page