Custody

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Gwenstacey

9 November 2020
I'll try to be quick. We have 2 girls aged 5 and 3 and I want sole custody. Over the last 5 years he has threatened to kill me, threatened many times to kill himself, calls me names, tells me off/criticises me often, has yelled at me relentlessly and when I picked our little one up as she was looking for comfort he accused me of using her as a shield, has thrown things at me, has thrown things at me whilst holding a baby, tells me I deserve to be beaten, has shoved me/ thrown me out the way, threatened to take my girls away, told me he'll knock me out and him and the girls will be gone before I come too um he's done all this and more in front of our children. He has smacked the girls so hard he's left bruises, he bullies them, I used to go to bed at night listening to him lay in to our then 2 yr old too scared to move and unable to help her, he refused to help me when we had our now 3yr old, he has told one of them they're fat, he calls one stupid and an idiot if she does something wrong, our 5 yr old told me when she was 4 she wanted to kill herself why probably because she hears him say that when life gets tough. Will any of this get me full custody or am I stuck in this relationship forever

sammy01

27 September 2015
I'd suggest you go to your GP as a starting point and ask for help. They'll get you some good advice and assistance.
call 1800 737 732 (24 hours)