Refund for a faulty used car - Failed four attempts at fixing

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
23 May 2020
I have recently purchased a used car, from a registered dealership. Upon two weeks of owning said vehicle, there was a fault - four attempts have been made to fix the vehicle, but no success. They are refusing to refund. I'm aware that a dealership is only entitled to a 'once off ' repairment after they can no longer provide this service, it falls to a replacement, or refund. Seeking legal advice. This is the first car iv've purchased from a dealership. Seeking my legal rights as a consumer. Canberra ACT

Atticus

6 February 2019
If the car has less than 160,000 KM on the clock or is less than 10 years old then it is covered by warranty for 3 mths or 5,000 Km... Assuming you haven't exceed 5,000 in 2 weeks?...

If the dealer is refusing to repair & you have reached an impasse, your next call should be to the ACT office of fair trading (or whatever they are called in Canberra) google consumer affairs, ACT...

Explain the details & see what course of action they recommend..

23 May 2020
I
If the car has less than 160,000 KM on the clock or is less than 10 years old then it is covered by warranty for 3 mths or 5,000 Km... Assuming you haven't exceed 5,000 in 2 weeks?...

If the dealer is refusing to repair & you have reached an impasse, your next call should be to the ACT office of fair trading (or whatever they are called in Canberra) google consumer affairs, ACT...

Explain the details & see what course of action they recommend..
I purchased The vehicle on the 31/03/20, as of now I’ve had the vehicle for only 3 weeks. Physically. I’ve only put 800km on the car itself.