NSW Used car from dealership - faulty

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sarahgoddard1

23 August 2020
I bought a car from a used car dealership about 3 weeks ago. Since then the car has flooded inside numerous times, the gears do not work smoothly and the left speaker has stopped working. I have contacted the dealership and gone back twice now to get it fixed. Apparently they have fixed it but the issues are still there. They have said to give me a replace car while they “fix” the car once again but I can’t keep taking time off work to get these issues resolved when the car has so many faults already after 3 weeks of having it. I have asked for a full refund as I am not happy with this car and feel like I have been mislead when buying the car - they have ignored me ever since.
What do I do now? What are my legal rights? I have made a report and contacted Australian consumer law about my issues with this dealership.

Atticus

6 February 2019
I have made a report and contacted Australian consumer law about my issues with this dealership.
Good.. That's all you can do for now until you hear back from consumer affairs....they may be able to help mediate a resolution.