QLD Queries on Judgement Hearing?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lennon

11 September 2014
I said to the judge how come you followed the court report to the letter for everything else accept the part about increasing my daughters time with me. She responded Ive already answered that.

So, what was the judge's answer about why she didn't increase the time? If you didn't hear or understand what she said, you should get the transcript of the hearing. Transcripts can be very useful - my ex has completely misunderstood a lot of things the judge has said during our directions hearings, which means that the focus of her evidence and her submissions is often *completely* off the mark.

I disagree with Sammy about withdrawing at this stage. If you withdraw now you will have no ability to spend time with your daughter and will be at the mercy of your malicious ex. Some orders are surely better than no orders in those circumstances.

Reactions: Migz

sammy01

27 September 2015
Just to clarify.... withdrawal only if consent orders are agreed... so find a compromise position between what you have sought through court and what she is offering. If she is now paying legal bills... she might be prepared to consider a compromise position to save the costs involved in a full trial

Lennon

11 September 2014
Just to clarify.... withdrawal only if consent orders are agreed... so find a compromise position between what you have sought through court and what she is offering. If she is now paying legal bills... she might be prepared to consider a compromise position to save the costs involved in a full trial

Oh, then we are in total agreement :)

Unfortunately the judge's comments may make it more difficult than it would otherwise have been to reach an agreement. The ex is clearly going to think she's in a winning position.