- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Property Settlement - How to Manage Superannuation?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by needhelp, 5 June 2015.

  1. needhelp

    needhelp Active Member

    6 September 2014
    Likes Received:
    I have court ordered mediation coming up next week for property settlement with my soon to be ex wife in a hostile separation. The division of assets puts her around $75k ahead of me mainly due to her super but theres a house kids and debts involved.

    Assuming she has to pay me out due to her superannuation, would that money go from her superannuation account into mine, or would she have to pay out in cash?
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    It would be transferred from her superannuation fund to yours. It would not be paid out in cash.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page