NSW Property Settlement after Separation - Can Ex Take Car Away?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
15 September 2015
My husband and I have separated, he has agreed to give me his car which is financed in his name in lieu of child support. His repayments to the car will be in lieu of child support. He has transferred the registration of the car into my name. Can he take the car back from me if he reneges on this agreement, and is there a binding agreement I can have in place so he cannot take the car back from me?

We are still married but at this stage separated .