Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

VIC Property Law - How to Claim/Get Rid of Friend's Motorbike?

Discussion in 'Property Law Forum' started by Tarn, 14 September 2015.

  1. Tarn

    Tarn Member

    12 September 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi there, I have a motorbike in my possession that I've had for 3 years from an ex friend.. I've had no contact in about 2 and a half years from him... I want to know how either I can get rid of it legally or claim it for myself legally unde Property Law..
  2. Sophea

    Sophea Guest

    Hi Tarn,

    Have you made contact with him asking him to take it away? What was the initial agreement between you regarding the storage of hte bike? What was contemplated as to how long it was to be there? I would start by giving him written notice that he must remove the bike from your property within 30 days from the date of the notice and if he fails to do so or come to some other arrangement with you, it will be deemed abandoned and disposed of. If he doesn't act on it, then you can probably apply to the court for an order to dispose of it.

    Just before to retain a copy of the written notice and get some sort of evidence that he received that notice.

    Check this out - of uncollected goods.pdf

Share This Page