NSW Prenuptial agreements

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
If she had 30 million and you were married together for 10 years while you were unemployed living on benefits, what exactly were you thinking?! Didn't you think "hmm, maybe with just a tiny amount of that 30 million we might be able to buy a house and have a good life together"? What was SHE thinking? "I'd rather live in a housing commission house with my unemployed husband than spend some of my 30 million dollars to live a comfortable life"? It sounds absolutely bizarre. I can't help but think there's a lot more to this story than you've said...

But ultimately you're unlikely to get better advice from us punters than you would from your lawyer. But I have to say, since (I assume) there has been no negotiation with your wife's lawyer and no financial disclosure from your wife either, your lawyer would be in no position to give you a precise amount of what you could expect in terms of settlement... There are just far too many unknowns. I have to ask also, how do you even know she has 30 million dollars in assets? She told you? Have you actually seen proof of it? Given you seem capable of exaggeration and lies, perhaps she is too. :D

tony ali

2 February 2020
Well just so u know when u sign a prenup my friend it clearly states the assets and money held in trust fund I’m not exaggerating anything and I don’t lie not like her I’m a straight up person don’t care wat anyone thinks or believes me because that’s just how I am there’s no need to talk s**t if I don’t have to why would I just make all this up r u serious..

tony ali

2 February 2020
And why she chose to stay in a housing commission has got me baffled maybe she was just using me to get away from something or someone else ??

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
And why she chose to stay in a housing commission has got me baffled maybe she was just using me to get away from something or someone else ??

Sure, but for 10 years? I could understand someone staying with a rich partner for 10 years to try to get half of their fortunes, but if she was with you to get away from something or someone else, it must have been important...

Anyway, good luck. I think you will have to take the legal route and see how it plays out. Maybe you'll get lucky. :)