NSW Prenuptial agreements

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

SamanthaJay

4 July 2016
I'm not saying let it go. I have no idea about the whole story. I do know that they will go you for fraud if we are looking at $700k (pretty simple thing to look up on google). They won't care less what her mother told you. You are the one the committed fraud. You can't have it both ways.

tony ali

2 February 2020
I think you'd also be up for fraud as far as Housing and Centrelink go. You don't just get to pay them back. You end up being charged and going to court.
Well that’s not wat my lawyer said to me he said i would have to pay them back but did not mention anything about charges

tony ali

2 February 2020
I'm not saying let it go. I have no idea about the whole story. I do know that they will go you for fraud if we are looking at $700k (pretty simple thing to look up on google). They won't care less what her mother told you. You are the one the committed fraud. You can't have it both ways.
Well thanks for the advice I probably won’t mention that than I will just claim for half her money if that is the case

tony ali

2 February 2020
Well I’ll just have to claim for her money and not mention that

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
You don't have to be a lawyer to have some understanding of the law. If your wife really did have 30 million in her OWN assets (and not tied up in inheritance etc), and you were living with her and married to her, then that should have been declared and I doubt you would have got unemployment benefits or housing commission housing as she could have supported you. Those benefits are supposed to be only for those who REALLY need them and have no other sources of money. That's what SamanthaJay is getting at, I believe.

And I'm not saying you 'just let it go', I'm saying you'll need to pay for a lawyer to make your claim in the family court. I just don't think it'll be easy and you may expose yourself to having committed fraud in the process.

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
Well I’ll just have to claim for her money and not mention that

It might not be that simple. You have to make a full disclosure of your finances when you submit a family court property case. You seem to have a very simplistic and selfish view of your entitlements.. Just my opinion though.

tony ali

2 February 2020
Take a look at these - and we are talking a lot less than $700k...

Search | Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions
You don't have to be a lawyer to have some understanding of the law. If your wife really did have 30 million in her OWN assets (and not tied up in inheritance etc), and you were living with her and married to her, then that should have been declared and I doubt you would have got unemployment benefits or housing commission housing as she could have supported you. Those benefits are supposed to be only for those who REALLY need them and have no other sources of money. That's what SamanthaJay is getting at, I believe.

And I'm not saying you 'just let it go', I'm saying you'll need to pay for a lawyer to make your claim in the family court. I just don't think it'll be easy and you may expose yourself to having committed fraud in the process.
yes I understand thank you for ur information and I wish she did support me but she didn’t and also on top of that I’m sure her mother was receiving Carrers payment on her the only thing she ever done for me was take me on holidays that’s pretty much it I appreciate all the advice u are giving me

tony ali

2 February 2020
It might not be that simple. You have to make a full disclosure of your finances when you submit a family court property case. You seem to have a very simplistic and selfish view of your entitlements.. Just my opinion though.
Really ok than it is wat it is I cannot lie to the courts I’ll just be honest and tell the whole truth it’s not worth lying and if I get charged in the process than so be it I’ll take it on the chin like a man and deal with it even if it means incaseration it’s not worth lying about it