- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

WA Possible to Travel with and Home School Child After Divorce?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by prokaryote, 19 October 2015.

  1. prokaryote

    prokaryote Active Member

    17 June 2015
    Likes Received:

    A friend of mine is currently going through a divorce and was wondering what the family law is when it comes to travelling with her daughter. In specific, travelling around Australia and homeschooling the child.

    What would be the process of making this happen, if it is possible? Would he be able to stop her? And does the fact that he has had no contact and has not contributed financially in months make any difference in the matter?

    Also, he hasn't responded to her lawyer when they have contacted him in regards to mediation / consent orders or any legal proceedings at all and appears to have disappeared all together.

    Thank you for your time.
  2. JS79

    JS79 Well-Known Member

    2 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    Dear Prokaryote,

    As her ex has not contacted her or attended mediation, your friend will be able to obtain a certificate in order to apply to the family law court.

    It would be best for her to contact a lawyer who specialises in family law so they can advise her whether they need to apply for an order from the family law court. See Get Connected with the Right Lawyer for You

Share This Page