VIC Pausing Child Support Payments Until Care Arrangement is Settled?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

kimbapuppy

17 January 2016
Thanks again for replying this and the other discussion threads =o)

Ex has asked to commence on asset division but I am firm on resolving the children's care split first as in my view, the kids should be No. 1 priority but not $ (the ex's view is different). I wish there is someone that can slap my ex into reality.

I am working on the affidavit for the court application. Any more tips to have a winning affidavit that the judge will fall in love with me? I'm okay with just a date, maybe a couple of dates? =o)

sammy01

27 September 2015
I know someone who can slap your ex into reality. His name is You Honour. Courts want kids done first because kids should not be used as ammo and who has primary care impacts on asset division so need to get the kids sorted first. So Just keep playing the game. My astute legal opinion... leave the slapping to the magistrates, they get paid to do it, you go to jail for it.

Affidavit - focus on how great a dad you are. Your story is that there is conflict at the minute, but you're confident all that will dissipate once the court crap is sorted and after that you're confident that you can effectively co-parent with the crazy one (Oops, I mean ex) because you feel that you have very similar parenting styles and both have the best interests of the kids at heart.