VIC Old case Paternity test result 1993 year. If Family court could give us copy that could be use for legal purpose.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Emira

24 May 2021
My solicitor in 1993 year gave me photocopy of result of DNA parentage test, didn,t know at that time to ask for original. I have original of Court order that declared my ex partner as the father. Father is not on Birth Certificate. My son would like to get from Court copy that could legaly used to add father's name on Certificate. How to get the document?

Atticus

6 February 2019
My solicitor in 1993 year gave me photocopy of result of DNA parentage test, didn,t know at that time to ask for original.
Is it possible that the solicitor is still practicing? Law institute of Vic might be able to help locate.... Is there any indication on the copy of parentage test what laboratory carried it out? Might be able to contact them directly.

Emira

24 May 2021
Solicitor office is stil practising, but they keep files 7 years. I didn't contactem them. I have tried one (phone) Victorian Institute of forensic Pathology, no success) and there is CSL National Blood Group Reference Laboratory and oficial lettter addressed to my solicitor is from them with also some results. I have also talked on phone to them and they told me to e mail them some details but I don't have hope.

Emira

24 May 2021
I wasn't clear, sorry. There are two laboratories involved, but official letter is from CSL National....' including results from Victorian Institute....

Emira

24 May 2021
When I call Family Court, they instructed me to email them request for inspection of documents and there is possibility to make photo copy at the Court. On my question if the copy could be verified that s from original, they couldn,t give me an answer. Somehow they ignored my question how to get verified copy .