VIC Objecting prosecution witnesses

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Porkncheese

5 July 2016
Hi. I am going to defend myself in a contested hearing of criminal charges against me.
The reason I haven't got legal representation is because i haven't got a spare $10,000. In fact im struggling to make ends meet with my inconsistent contract work.
Iv done so much homework on the law. I am just about ready to confidently go in and successfully defend myself.

My question is this. Can i object to prosecution calling up certain witnesses and when can I do this?
One witness is the 2nd officer present at my interrogation with the informant. Another is the 2nd officer that accompanied the informant to the scene they got called out to. And a 3rd is another 2nd officer which was with the informant on a separate occasion.

The trial is going to be long with several other witnesses taking the stand from both sides.
My cross examination of the informant is going to be long and will cover every matter that is relevant. These other 2nd officers have nothing new to say, nothing different to add. They are just parroting what the informant is saying.
Do I have to conduct the same line of questioning to them as well? Does the prosecution really want to bore the brains out of the judge by repeating the same things with these 2nd officers? Will the prosecution be open to drop these parrot witnesses? What are my options here as I cannot find any info on this matter.

The advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers