New car paint protection, need honest opinions before I spend

Get Instant Legal Answers - Free AI Legal Help
Join thousands of Australians each month using LawConnect’s AI assistant for fast, personalised legal information. No waiting. No cost. Start now.
Ask Your Question Now

mockale

Well-Known Member
3 November 2025
47
0
121
Hey Everyone, so I finally did something I've been saving up for ages and picked up a black Genesis G70, and honestly I'm already losing sleep over keeping the paint looking decent. I live in Abu Dhabi and drive over to Al Ain pretty often for work, so lots of highway miles and those tiny little rocks flying up are starting to drive me crazy. A buddy of mine suggested looking into paint protection film but the prices I'm seeing vary so wildly that I don't even know where to begin. Some shops quoted me around 5k, others went up past 12k for what they called Abu Dhabi Premium PPF Application, claiming way better self healing and longer warranties against yellowing. Is there genuinely a noticeable difference between the cheaper rolls and the expensive stuff in real world conditions? I'm not trying to be cheap with a brand new car but also don't want to get completely ripped off by marketing hype. Has anyone here had film on their car for two or three summers? Does it actually start peeling at the edges or turning that ugly yellowish color after being parked outside? Really curious to hear some real world experiences before I drop that kind of cash. Also wondering if just doing the front bumper and hood is enough or if I should just cover the whole car and be done with it. Any honest input would be huge, thanks.
 

bridgetgudgeon

Active Member
22 June 2026
5
0
31
Black cars especially show every little imperfection so PPF makes even more sense on yours honestly, tiny swirls and chips stand out way more on dark paint than lighter colors. With that much highway driving to Al Ain, front bumper and hood coverage is basically the minimum I'd consider.
 
22 June 2026
4
0
1
Had film on mine for about three summers now parked outside regularly, no peeling or yellowing so far but I did go with a mid-range option rather than the cheapest available. The gap between budget rolls and premium film is real in terms of self-healing responsiveness specifically, cheaper stuff heals slower or sometimes not fully.
 
22 June 2026
4
0
1
Full coverage versus just front end really depends on how much of the car actually takes damage in your driving pattern, with that much highway commuting the front end absolutely needs it but rear quarters and roof see way less impact typically. Could make sense to do partial now and add more later if budget's tight.