WA Legal Proces Stalling

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jenny453

8 December 2020
Umm, if a represented party seems to be riding a thin line in professional behaviour, for instance asking for information they have already been provided to prolong proceedings knowing a self rep applicant is having difficulties financially how many times do you let it go or jump on in straight away.

I would like for many reasons, especially this last tatic to have proceedings directed to the FCA, or a case management team away from the behaviour.

How and when should you make the call and how do you do it swiftly as not to cause a scene or drama and proceedings move forward.

Jenny453

8 December 2020
Waiting for a certificate, GP case, 4th month. Party was added after 21 days "officially" however multiple attempts were made with party to look into the termination prior to adding them as a party and working out correct forms with FWC plus justt personally trying to understand what happened

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Without details it is hard to comment.

Jenny453

8 December 2020
Why rod? What do you need to know
Waiting for a certificate, GP case, 4th month. Party was added after 21 days "officially" however multiple attempts were made with party to look into the termination prior to adding them as a party and working out correct forms with FWC plus justt personally trying to understand what happened
I have tried to gets docs waiting on one party to produce employment file

Jenny453

8 December 2020
Jurisdictional objection. Don't know why, I do not say they are my employer, they could be but ultimately they were made a respondent under s551 aided and abetted etc. Is there jurisdiction with GP in regards to S551

Jenny453

8 December 2020
I don't think I am missing anything, under 551 it's quite clear there was participation.. more interested in the actual explanation/reasoning of the participation.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Why rod? What do you need to know?
Without seeing the application and responses I can't say why delays are occurring.

If one of the other parties has lodged a jurisdictional objection, possibly over a notice to produce, the objection should say why.