WA Legal Proces Stalling

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jenny453

8 December 2020
Without seeing the application and responses I can't say why delays are occurring.

If one of the other parties has lodged a jurisdictional objection, possibly over a notice to produce, the objection should say why.
What if for instance a respondent bought a jurisdictional objection on behalf of another respondent or basically told the other respondent to lodge a jurisdictional objection quite openly because they have no legal jurisdiction to object.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
respondent bought a jurisdictional objection on behalf of another respondent
They can't. Not sure why you asked.

basically told the other respondent to lodge a jurisdictional objection quite openly because they have no legal jurisdiction to object.

No foul here. They can provide advice if they so wish, it is up to the other party to decide what to do.

Jenny453

8 December 2020
They can't. Not sure why you asked.

No foul here. They can provide advice if they so wish, it is up to the other party to decide what to do.
OK, thanks. Can go with that. Like a game a footy when there's one of you and 6 of them, they can handball and kick it around.. I spose that would give me more chances to steal the ball and run. Anyway.. Obviously not a lawyer.

Last edited:

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
Notice to produce is the equivalent of a subpoena.

Where you know the other side has documents you don't have and that assist your case.

Jenny453

8 December 2020
To be honest, the above is the least of my problems. I need help with the WA tenancy act, looking at my lease I signed, the other party is the owner. If the owner is a company how does that work

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
Can you request documents when you are in the FWC stage of a GP claim.
Yes.

I need help with the WA tenancy act, looking at my lease I signed, the other party is the owner. If the owner is a company how does that work
I'm not in WA and not familiar with their leasing laws.