Kicked out of homeeee

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

lcachia2

12 August 2017
hi,
My mother and her boyfriend kicked me out of the house and changed the locks. Her boyfriend threatened that if I ever entered the house without his permission there would be legal consequences. So naturally, I broke in to reclaim some of my stuff. I am 19, I have lived at this house for about a decade. my drivers license and all identification has that address on it, his does not. Does he have any chance of pressing charges against me?

If not, I should also add that this house is owned 1/3 by my mother and 2/3 is owned by my grandmother. Who would never press charges against me.

Thanks

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Possibly, but unlikely. Your claim is that you have your grandmother's permission to live in the house and as such the boyfriend has no right to do anything by himself as far as trespass is concerned.

It can get difficult to work out the legal situation without more facts, like are you paying rent, is your mother paying rent to your grandmother etc.