WA JB HI FI repair fee query

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Principally

26 June 2017
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.
I recently took my phone into JB HI FI for repair under warranty which they send away to a company Solvup. I have since been contacted by them saying that due to phone damage they cannot complete the work under warranty and I have asked for the phone to be sent back.

To get my phone back JB HI FI are asking for $49.95 assessment fee. I was not told about this fee, nor is this fee written in any of the terms and conditions that I signed for before sending.

Just wondering if this is something that I just have to bite the bullet on, or am I meant to be told of this fee by them in some form before giving my phone over for repair?

Thank for any help

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
They have to disclose fees BEFORE accepting the work. You may need to check the fine print on your warranty as you may have been advised, but not read it.

Glenn Pereira

1 July 2017
I recently took my phone into JB HI FI for repair under warranty which they send away to a company Solvup. I have since been contacted by them saying that due to phone damage they cannot complete the work under warranty and I have asked for the phone to be sent back.

To get my phone back JB HI FI are asking for $49.95 assessment fee. I was not told about this fee, nor is this fee written in any of the terms and conditions that I signed for before sending.

Just wondering if this is something that I just have to bite the bullet on, or am I meant to be told of this fee by them in some form before giving my phone over for repair?

Thank for any help

Read this link

ACL may over ride limited warranty clauses

Apple Products and Australian Consumer Law

Glenn Pereira

1 July 2017

Thank for any help

ACL may over ride limited warranty clauses

Apple Products and Australian Consumer Law