VIC Is it a contempt of court that op did not send copy of her documents to me prior the family report?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Muxaul

10 October 2017
Thanks
The police statement is now. The $$ you blew on solicitors is way back then... You want her to pay costs for her behavour now because you spent money BEFORE?

I'd be waiting until you get the family report before considering your next step. All the stuff you mentioned before about false allegations etc etc will be enough to hopefully get the judge to see the ex as having no credibility. That helps you. What is more important gettting a good result in court? or see the ex gettng punished?

Note - I never said what is more important. You winning... WHY? nobody wins ever. All you get in family law is degrees of losing.

so yes you can apply for a cost order when it is all done and dusted - Your chances? not good.
Thanks Sammy,
Ex and I have both financial and child arrangement matter. I have already got the report, which is why I discovered that she actually gave the writer a police statement that was never provided to me.

She cried poor prior, claimed that she couldn't afford 4k for another family report. And I had to agree on paying the whole cost of the report, by taking a loan, because I cannot disprove her back then. Later on through financial discovery, I got her bank statement and realised that she a month later spend near 5k during Xmas, including a 3k "Christmas gift for myself" as put in her own statement description. She also purchased a brand new ipad pro + apple keyboard + apple pencil 2, which cost nearly 2k, and shows off on her social media. After all that she still has 30k left, which means she has more saving than me. In the mean time she refused to pay child's school cost (only 60), nor child's medical cost (only 250) citing that she's in financial hardship.

So I paid the full cost of the family report, entered the interview not knowing what documents ex gave to the writer, and dealing with ex not fulfilling obligation of disclosure, and false allegations and false denies, rage outburst and repeated denigration to child on top.

I am not surprised about her conduct because I anticipated from 2 years ago that this is what NPD/BPD would do. However I do not condone it either and wish to hold her behaviors accountable.

Muxaul

10 October 2017
By the way, my current court order has stated "The parties comply with all reasonable directions as to attendance upon the Family Consultant as and when required by the Family Consultant.", and it was family consultant's written instruction that each party to send a copy of all documents to the other party prior to the interview if they submit them to the consultant for consideration.