Intervention Order - How Can I Get my Daughter Back?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ani

26 June 2014
My daughter is 18 years old. She turned 18 this year April. There was a incident between me and my daughter. I am her father. She went to school and in school she went to sick bay and school called police and they took intervention orders (restraining order) against me.

Now we are not in contact and we do not know where is she. Orders are against me not against her mother and brother. Police says she do not want to talk any of us and she do not want to come to school. But we want that she should return to home. I know she is scared due to her act but I want to assure her that we all will co-operate with her. Our whole family is shattered by this. We do not even get sleep in the nights and sometimes we spend our night while crying. Now I do not understand how to solve this dispute. I feel sorry what I did and I am repenting on that. I know If somebody talks to my daughter she will understand the situation. Please guide me what I should do. I am ready to do anything is needed to bring her home.

Worldly1

25 April 2014
Australia
Hi ani,
As your daughter is 18 years old, she is an adult and is entitled to make her own decisions - including about where she lives and who she speaks to. You might like to contact Family Relationships Australia - which has a Family Relationships Advice Line and a Dispute Resolution Service.

Alan Weiss

26 June 2014
If a person does not make a reasonable attempt to follow the orders, or deliberately disobeys(contravenes) an order about children, there can be serious consequences. They risk further court intervention unless there is a reasonable excuse for the behaviour. see my full article

ani

26 June 2014
Hi ani,
As your daughter is 18 years old, she is an adult and is entitled to make her own decisions - including about where she lives and who she speaks to. You might like to contact Family Relationships Australia - which has a Family Relationships Advice Line and a Dispute Resolution Service.
Hi Worldly1
I was in touch with Family Relationship Advice Line but they could not do much. Good news is she said to police that she wants to come home back and I am issued with a limited intervention order where we all can live together. But now I do not know where she lives even do not have her contact number only police knows and they won't reveal that information. Now again I am stuck.